Word of mouth has always been the holy grail of marketing and in today’s world, word of mouth has moved online in the form of social media. Your prospective customers are checking out new businesses every day that they heard about on Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp.
Did you know?
- Facebook fans spend 2x more with businesses than non-fans
- A recent study claims that a Facebook fan is worth $174.17 on average
- 56% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand when they are a fan of their Facebook page
- The Facebook Mobile App is the most-used app in the U.S.
- Facebook’s new Graph Search will increase how often people use Facebook to find new businesses
- 64% of Americans say social media influences their purchasing
- 50% of people say the brand’s Facebook page is more useful than its website
- 85% of consumers use the internet to find local businesses
- A slight half-star improvement in ratings can increase a restaurant’s business during peak dining hours by 19%
- 92% of people trust recommendations from friends and family above all other forms of advertising
- 70% of people trust online reviews from strangers
- Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic and 77% more leads than those that don’t
- 95% of Facebook wall posts go unanswered by brands
- Over 1 billion people use Facebook.com and over 150 million use Twitter.com
- 3.2 Billion likes & comments happen on Facebook every day
- Over 650,000 pieces of content are shared on Facebook and over 100,000 tweets are sent out on Twitter EVERY 60 SECONDS!
- Yelp.com saw over 70 million unique visitors from January to March of 2012 and Yelpers wrote over 27 million local reviews in that time frame
Being active in the online conversation is an easy way to show customers you are human, that you care, and that they are valued. It is an incredible way to build loyalty with existing customers as well as reach new ones through word of mouth.
While a plethora of social avenues exist, Social Medium focuses on those with the greatest following and greatest impact. That doesn’t mean you won’t find value engaging in other avenues like creating videos, pinning photos, Instagramming, etc. We simply seek to add a high level of value where it matters most at a price you can afford.
That said, if you are seeking a more custom-tailored strategy for your social media, we partner with some of the best marketing and PR firms around. Contact us to learn more about these partnerships.